(Detroit, Mi.)– Still no word from K-Mart officials as to which stores the company plans to close as part of its bankruptcy re-structuring.
As KUOO news reported last week, an unofficial list with about 300 K-Mart stores supposedly slated for closure has been making the rounds. It includes the store in Spencer. But a spokesperson for K-Mart, Julie Fracker, again said Wednesday the company did not issue that list and they have no idea where it came from. She said an official list will be issued in late March. In the meantime, Fracker said K-Mart is still evaluating which stores will stay and which will go.
Spencer officials are bracing for the worse. Chamber of Commerce officials say K-Mart has played a vital role in bringing retail diversity to Spencer; and that it’s been an important asset in building a new retail community on Spencer’s south side.




