(Okoboji)– Time is running out for Okoboji residents who have not yet switched their electrical services from overhead to underground.
A project to bury electric lines in the city is complete for all practical purposes. But City Administrator Dennis Daly told the city council earlier this week about 50 residents still need to switch over to the underground system.
The city council adopted a resolution Tuesday giving those people until September 1st to get switched over. After that, the city will do the work and bill the homeowner.
Daly says Alliant Energy will probably start to remove the overhead system this fall.




