• Home
  • News
  • Local Officials: No Cause For Concern Yet Over SARS

Local Officials: No Cause For Concern Yet Over SARS

November 23, 2014

(Spirit Lake)– Local and state health officials say there’s no cause for alarm yet here about SARS…Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome. But Mary Dunleavy of the Dickinson County Public Health Office says they are closely monitoring the situation.

So far, no suspected cases have been reported in Iowa. Suspect cases have been reported in Minnesota and South Dakota.

Dunleavy says anyone who traveled recently to Asia and has developed symptoms such as coughing, shortness of breath and a fever should contact their physician immediately.

As of earlier this week, the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta, Georgia reported 38 probable cases of SARS in the U-S. So far, there have been no SARS deaths in the country.