• Home
  • News
  • AP/Okoboji Fire Dept. Responds To Two Calls Wed. Evening

AP/Okoboji Fire Dept. Responds To Two Calls Wed. Evening

November 22, 2014

(Arnolds Park)– The Arnolds Park/Okoboji Fire Department was called out twice Wednesday evening within several hours.

The first call around 6:30 p.m. was to a condominium on Country Club Drive in Okoboji. Turns out someone was cooking a steak that got a little too done, setting off a smoke alarm. No damage was reported, and firefighters returned to the station within a few minutes of getting the call.

Chief Steve Dulin says the second call came in around 10:00 p.m. when firefighters were called to a residence near Woodley’s Trailer Court in Arnolds Park. Dulin says a damper on a fireplace had been accidentally put in the wrong position, filling the house with smoke. Dulin says firefighters ventilated the house, and other than the smoke, there was no damage.