Natural Gas Leak Makes For Tense Moments
Wed 11-16-2016 
(Estherville)-- A natural gas leak Tuesday evening in Estherville made for some tense moments.
It happened near Demoney Elementary school and resulted in an evacuation of the immediate vicinity for precautionary measures. The Estherville Fire Department stood by as an additional precaution until utility crews could arrive to make the necessary repairs.
The leak also forced officials at Iowa Lakes Community College to cancel most evening activities, again out of an abundance of caution.
Traffic was also routed around the perimeter of the area.