MSTS to run at Rocky; Knoxville hosts Corn Belt Nationals
ROCK RAPIDS - The Midwest Sprint Touring Series returns to action Friday at the inaugural Rock River Rumble at Rapid Speedway.
IMCA 305 sprint cars will run on Saturday.
Rapid Speedway's usual weekly racing series of Sportsmans, USRA Hobby Stocks, USRA B-Mods and USRA Stock Cars will be in action both nights.
Eric Lutz (Sioux Falls) has an eight-point lead over Ryan Bickett (Ramona, S.D.) in the MSTS point standings.
Rounding out the top five, Jack Dover (Springfield, Neb.) is 19 points off the lead, Elliot Amdahl (Flandreau) is 20 points out and Justin Jacobsma (Hull) trails by 40 points.
Derrik Lusk (Jackson) is in 16th place.
The next event on the MSTS schedule is Friday, July 17 at Jackson Motorplex.
MSTS point standings
1. Eric Lutz, Sioux Falls 265
2. Ryan Bickett, Ramona, S.D. 257
3. Jack Dover, Springfield, Neb. 246
4. Elliot Amdahl, Flandreau 246
5. Justin Jacobsma, Hull 225
6. Jody Rosenboom, Rock Rapids 222
(tie) Brant O' Banion, Viborg, S.D.
8. Brendan Mullen, Grand Forks 204
9. Travis Reber, Rapid City 188
10. Brandon Bosma, Round Lake 169
11. Chuck McGillivray, Madison, S.D. 163
12. Gregg Bakker, Sioux Falls 155
13. Lee Grosz, Watertown, S.D. 144
14. Troy Schrers, Baltic, S.D. 143
15. Wade Nygaard, Grand Forks 141
16. Derrik Lusk, Jackson 131
17. Lee Goos Jr., Hartford, S.D. 114
(tie) Nick Barger, Madison, S.D. 114
19. Joey Danley, Lincoln, Neb. 103
20. Chris Martin, Ankeny 95
Knoxville Raceway is hosting the Corn Belt Nationals Friday and Saturday.
USAC and PORi/WAR sprints and 410 winged sprints compete both nights.
Brandon Halverson of Jackson is scheduled to compete.