Weekend Fire Destroys Garage Southwest Of Superior
(Superior)-- No injuries were reported Saturday in a garage fire southwest of Superior. Superior Fire Chief Kevin Swalve tells KUOO news they were called around 2:45 pm to 1812 285th Avenue...
"When we got on the scene it was fully engulfed. We called Spirit Lake for mutual aid to help us and then we called Terril for water. It was a tin covered garage inside and out so it took us a little bit to get to the fire and get it extinguished."
Swalve says the cause was accidental in nature...
"The property owner had been welding on his mower and he thinks he caught a rag on fire, a greasy rag."
The fire destroyed the garage and its contents.
Firefighters were on the scene until about 7:00 pm.