News

No Injuries Reported In Kitchen Fire

Fri 4-12-2019

(Wallingford)-- No injuries were reported Thursday in a kitchen fire near Wallingford.

Wallingford Fire Chief Jarrod Fischer says firefighters were called to 4311 220th Street. He says the fire was out upon their arrival, but there was quite a bit of smoke.

Firefighters ventilated the home and checked to make sure the fire was completely out.

Fischer says it was caused by something left on the stove. He says the stove and a microwave were destroyed and that some nearby cabinets were damaged.

The Estherville Fire Department, Emmet County Emergency Management and the Emmet County Sheriff's Office assisted on the scene.