No injuries reported in house fire near Hull December 14

Tue 12-17-2019 Hull, Ia

(Hull)-No one was injured in a house fire near Hull over the weekend.

According to a press release, on Saturday, December 14, at about 2:40 p.m. the Sioux County Sheriff's Office received a report of a house fire in the 3400 block of Ibex Avenue, about two-and-a-half miles south of Hull.

The release says the Hull Fire Department and Sheriff's officers arrived at the residence and found the porch of the house fully engulfed by fire. The Rock Valley Fire Department was called in to provide extra assistance.

Authorities say no injuries were reported and the homeowner was not inside the residence at the time of the fire.

The house sustained extensive fire and smoke damage.

Authorities believe the fire was due to an electrical system malfunction.

The fire remains under investigation.