Natural Gas Leak Causes Some Disruptions In Downtown Spirit Lake
(Spirit Lake)-- A natural gas leak caused some disruptions for a few minutes this (Wed.) morning in downtown Spirit Lake.
Authorities say it happened when a vehicle collided with a gas meter in the alley behind 1721 Hill Avenue around 8:50 am.
Some area businesses were briefly evacuated as a precaution and traffic was temporarily shut off on Hill Avenue in the area of the leak.
The Spirit Lake Fire Department arrived on the scene and shut the leaking meter off. Officials with Black Hills Energy also responded and made the necessary repairs.
People were allowed to return to businesses and traffic in the area was restored around 9:15 am.