Milford Fire Dept. Called To Machine Shed Fire
(Milford)-- Fire this (Mon.) morning damaged a machine shed near Milford. Milford Fire Chief Jim Carpenter tells KUOO news they were called around 9:40 am to 2479 210th Avenue...
"As we were pulling up we saw smoke coming out of the building, and found a skid loader inside that had been plugged in that must have overheated and caused the fire, spreading it to some of the building."
In addition to the skidloader, Carpenter says there were three tractors and numerous tools in the building...
"We were able to save those. There is some damage to the building. Their insurance company is supposed to be coming to look at it, but all of the equipment should be salvageable, for the most part, in there."
Carpenter says it was fortunate the fire was discovered when it was...
"The property owner was just getting ready to leave, and thought she better go check on it, and pulled up and heard a pop, went oh no, and called."
The Milford Fire Department was on the scene about an hour and-a-half.
No injuries were reported.