News

Man And Three Pets Die Of Accidental Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Tue 11-14-2017

(Havelock)-- A Laurens man has died of what is believed to be accidental carbon monoxide poisoning. 

Pocahontas county authorities say they received a report of an unresponsive male last Friday afternoon at a residence in Havelock. Sheriff Brian Larsen says 26-year-old Anthony Mowrey of Laurens was found deceased, along with three pets in the house. 

Larsen says some exhaust piping for a furnace that had recently been installed became disconnected and that carbon monoxide had been venting directly into the basement. 

Larsen says there were no signs of foul play and the death appears to be accidental. An autopsy will be performed by the State Medical Examiner's Office.