News

Fire Destroys Mobile Home In Sanborn

Mon 2-11-2019

(Sanborn)-- A weekend fire destroyed a mobile home in Sanborn.

Firefighters were called to 312 East 7th Street a little before 10:00 am Saturday and encountered thick smoke coming from the structure. 

No injuries were reported, but authorities say a cat was missing. 

It's believed the fire was caused by a portable heater that had been placed under the mobile home to thaw some frozen pipes.

The Sheldon Fire Department also responded to assist on the scene, along with O'Brien County Emergency Management. An ambulance also stood by on the scene as a precaution.