Fire Destroys Garage And Several Vehicles

Mon 9-7-2020

(Sanborn)-- There were no injuries but a considerable amount of property damage was reported in a fire early Sunday in Sanborn.

Firefighters were called to 208 Carroll Street around 1:30 am and found a garage at that location completely engulfed, along with four cars in the structure. The vehicles, along with the garage and its contents, were destroyed. The total property loss was estimated at $75,000.

Some siding on a neighboring house was also melted. 

Sanborn Fire Chief Randy Lyman says an official cause isn't known, but he says it could have been the result of an issue with a battery in one of the cars in the garage.