Carbon Monoxide Poisoning In Fish House On Lake South Of Fairmont Leaves One Dead, Sends Another To Hospital
Mon 1-16-2017 Like Wilmert,MN
(Fairmont, Mn.)-- One person has died and one is hospitalized with carbon monoxide poisoning in Martin County.
Martin County Sheriff’s deputies responded to a report of an unresponsive 21 year-old female around 2pm yesterday (Sunday) afternoon at an ice fishing house on Like Wilmert south of Fairmont in rural Martin County. She was pronounced dead at the scene. A male victim was transported to the Mayo Hospital in Fairmont, then flown to St. Mary’s Hospital in Rochester. Three others were treated for carbon monoxide poising at area hospitals.
The victim’s name has not been released yet.
The incident remains under investigation.
The Minnesota State Patrol, Gold Cross Ambulance and Mayo One assisted at the scene.